Experiencing Practical Learning

on

Name: Samson Wang

Year: Junior

Major: Asian Languages & Cultures

Minors: Business Institutions, Integrated Marketing Communications

CFS Program: Business Field Studies

Employer: Tangiblee

Working at Tangiblee is a learning process day-in and day-out. An eCommerce software as a service (SAAS) company, Tangiblee addresses a key consumer pain-point in the world of online shopping: lack of size and context. By allowing shoppers to virtually size up and compare a retailer’s products, it enables them to make confident, stickier purchase decision, which leads to higher conversions, average order value (AOV), and lower return rates.

My responsibilities as a marketing intern have been to create a nurture campaign and producing content and case studies that can be used in our inbound strategy. Prior to coming to Tangiblee, my experience with eCommerce had been purely consumer-side. As you can probably imagine, I had a lot to learn, and as my supervisor Meredith likes to say, “I’m still learning.”

It’s also the most exciting part about this internship; learning things that I as an online shopper always took for granted such as the importance of the product page in bridging the consumer confidence gap between consideration and purchase and the elements that go into optimizing a website for mobile viewing. More importantly, working at Tangiblee this summer has helped me develop professional skills, whether in employer communications or leveraging employee relationships.

I thoroughly enjoyed what I got out of my experiences with CFS and would encourage students to look to it as an option to participate in practical learning.