Alex interns at Bullish, Inc.

Name: Alex

Year: Sophomore

Major(s): Music Business/Economics

Minor(s): BIP

CFS Program: Field Studies in Business Culture

I spent this summer in New York, New York interning at Bullish Inc. Bullish is a unique workplace in that it is a hybrid between a venture capitalist firm and an ad agency- something that is certainly unusual. As a hybrid position that was assigned tasks from both halves, the greatest benefit of this internship was being able to get a taste of both industries and see what type of employee I am most similar to. While there were some overarching similarities, there were without a doubt many different personalities in each of the two sides of the office. The online CFS class then offered me a way to get a small taste of other internships too in the form of stories from my classmates. Because I was the only intern still in undergrad (the other two were in Grad School), I enjoyed the camaraderie of the class and being able to speak more openly about my job and future career ideas. My advice for anyone going into their internship the summer after their sophomore year would be to keep an open mind and learn as much as you can. At this age, we all switch career paths so frequently that I believe it’s in the best interest to just maintain flexibility and take every learning opportunity that comes your way. Though I enjoyed my internship and time at Bullish, I can now say that marketing isn’t for me- and neither is New York. But hey, that’s what this internship was all about. Get a taste for something, and know what you like (and don’t). And I hope you all have just as productive of an internship experience as I had!