The Center for Econometrics was founded within the Department of Economics at Northwestern University in the summer of 2006 to support the research activities and enhance the intellectual life of the community of scholars at Northwestern whose research is related to econometrics.
The Center’s activities include:
- Funding short term visits by faculty from other universities;
- Organizing and supporting conferences at Northwestern related to econometrics;
- Supporting the econometrics seminar;
- Funding for graduate students nearing the completion of their Ph.D.s.
- Promoting Working Papers contributed by members of the center.